Paul Davis Restoration - Terrible job in Oakland ca

I had a small water accidents and Paul Davis came to take care of it through my HOA. After the job is complete I decided to have them come back and paint and do some extra drywall work.

They were going to pack up and move all my stuff to a storage unit, I was having all the floors replaced, remove my blinds, patch holes and a few other items involved in this restoration. Est $9200, Luckily I was able to rent another unit in my building for the month, I packed up most of the stuff and when the painters arrived I had asked where are the moving guys? I called Paul Davis supervisor and he said the painters were the movers, the painters had no idea they were moving, they had no dollies or blankets to wrap my furniture in.

I have 1100 ft.² of painting and when they were done I could see roller lines from the paint it was horrible the supervisor came and agreed and said that they would come back and they would spray instead. I told him not to send the same painters because of this horrible job they had done and he said that they had to come back and fix the mistake they made. They dry wall patch was poorly done the spray paint was uneven and the supervisor went on vacation during this time. When he came back I had to move back to now my home was full of boxes and furniture. He sent the same two painters to move me back. Again no dollies or blankets to move me. I'm being charged for professional movers.

Yet again the supervisor saw how bad the job was and said that they will have another guy come and fix this at this point I was boiling mad. They Had another guy come and fix the drywall in the ceiling and he did a very good job but he got stuff on my brand-new ceiling fan they wrap all the walls in plastic and I told them they couldn't come back for at least a week because I'm having my bathroom remodeled so I had to live with this plastic covering and it was very very hot my house cause I couldn't open The Windows. The painter came and painted and he did a really good job he had just got hired with the company so when it came time to deal with the bill the main boss was still going to charge me and deduct about $1200 I sent him a list of all the things that they didn't do and said I have pictures and times of all the events and then he changed his tune any deducted $5300. They should have taken off a $1000 more for the issues and inconvenience I had to suffer with.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Paul Davis Restoration Water Damage Restoration
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #903276

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Paul Davis Restoration? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.